Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

Now and Again or if Picasso had PhotoShop

Primary question: What does it mean when somebody says they do something 'every now and again'? Is there some sort of predictive time-travel involved in this phrase that I failed to find out about?

Secondary question: how does Reddit work? Tumblr? Twitter? Pintrest? When did I become so out of the loop? Somebody did mention me on Twitter today and so I followed them but I'm not sure that really means anything. It might just mean I'm a very hands off stalker.

I have just received another rejection notice, this time from a regional show called Positive/Negative that is to be held at East Tennessee State University. So, the positive was that they received $30 from 174 artists. The negative is that 50% of those artists are now drinking a beer wondering if everything they have ever done with their lives was a waste of time. Which brings me to this, imaginary audience, is Flickr a good tool for self-promotion or is it also a waste of time? What about blogging?

I'm pretty compulsive, so it is kind of hard for me to know the difference between things I do because I am driven to do them and things I do that are actually just part of the handwork of getting somewhere. I expect all of these questions to be answered in a dream tonight, so stay tuned for that.

*Insight* I just realized why Kanye's baby is named North. Because that means his name is North West. Oh, Kanye, you are so very clever. I guess Dweezil was already taken, so that is pretty cute. I mean, he's just a person who is going to have to live with that, but whatever, that sounds like his problem. 

Speaking of difficult segues, can you imagine what would have happened if Picasso had been fluent in PhotoShop? Please explain your vision of how the world would have been different by writing it on the back of a $100 bill and mailing it to me at home. I'll let you know how everything turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment